- These terms and conditions apply to all Snowplanet passholders visiting the Snowplanet Snow Dome. This includes, but is not limited to day passes, hourly passes, family passes, night promotions, corporate group visits, school group visits, Santa visits, all memberships, tubing and tobogganing passes, birthday parties, events, camps and programs. Each of these are considered a “Pass” and by purchasing a Pass and/or entering and using the Snowplanet Snow Dome, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by them. Passholders are permitted to use Snowplanet’s Snow Dome only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Snow sports have many hazards and risks associated with them including: slips, trips and falls, collisions with other participants and collisions with man-made objects. Injuries are a common occurrence in these sports. The safety of the participant is directly affected by their judgement, and the deliberate and conscious control of the participant’s physical ability, and through the proper use of the equipment.
- Each passholder will be issued with a unique RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) card linked to their Snowplanet profile. The RFID card is necessary to activate the gates that allow access to the platter lifts and the ski mat. RFID cards must be carried by the passholder at all times while using the Snow Dome. Access to the lifts and ski mat will not be granted to passholders who do not possess a valid RFID card.
- Pass holders will be charged $6 for their RFID card, which can be used each time the pass holder visits Snowplanet. Pass holders may obtain a full refund on returning their RFID card at any time. Faulty RFID cards will be replaced free of charge on presentation of the faulty card. Lost, stolen or damaged RFID cards must be reported immediately and will incur a further $6 charge for a replacement.
- For security reasons, photo identification may be required when first collecting your RFID card, being issued a replacement RFID card, or updating your photograph. In addition, Snowplanet may use one or more gate control screens at its RFID access control gates. These screens display the photograph of the person loaded on the RFID card when the RFID card is in range of the card readers on the gates. Snowplanet uses this system to confirm that RFID cards and all Passes associated with each are used only by the correct persons.
- Passes are non-refundable, except where permitted for specified types of Membership. Terms and conditions for the Membership refunds are set out under the section – Specific T&Cs for Snowplanet Memberships.
- Passes and RFID cards are not transferable and may only be used by the person to whom they are issued, as recorded by Snowplanet on the Passholder’s RFID card.
- If an RFID card is used by someone other than that as named on the RFID card, and that use is not authorised by Snowplanet, Snowplanet may revoke the RFID card and any Passes and/or memberships loaded against that RFID card (without any refund payable to the Passholder) and commence any legal proceedings for unauthorised access and use of the facilities.
- Any conduct or behaviour on Snowplanet premises that is criminal, fraudulent, in breach of these Terms & Conditions, or otherwise presents a risk to the safety of any person on Snowplanet premises, entitles Snowplanet to revoke the Pass without any refund payable to the Passholder.
- If a person to whom a Pass has been issued provides any false information in connection with the purchase of any pass or product offered by Snowplanet (this includes providing an incorrect age for any infant, child or senior citizen; or claiming student status), Snowplanet may at any time without notice revoke any or all Passes acquired by, or on behalf of, the person who provided that false information or the person to whom that false information relates without any refund payable to the Passholder.
- Snowplanet reserves the right to ask a Passholder or a person purchasing a Pass, whether for himself/herself, or on behalf of anyone else, for proof of age at any time. Age of a Passholder, when assessing eligibility for an infant, child, adult or senior citizen, is at the time of purchase.
- A Pass issued (or reloaded) by Snowplanet to the person(s) detailed within the purchase, is considered delivery of the goods and services contracted for by the person who pays for that Pass, irrespective of method of payment. Ownership of the Pass belongs to the person named against the Pass and on the RFID card, not the purchaser, except that parents or legal guardians will own Passes they have purchased on behalf of a child (any person 16 years old or younger).
- Snowplanet reserves the right to vary and amend any of the Terms and Conditions relating to the Passes or other products offered by Snowplanet at its sole discretion. If any variation or amendment made by Snowplanet to the Terms and Conditions is materially adverse to the Passholder’s interests, the Passholder may cancel their Pass and, in the case of cancelled Membership Passes, Snowplanet will refund to that Membership Passholder a pro-rata amount for each complete month the Membership has remaining until such time it expires.
- The above Terms and Conditions are subject to, and in conjunction with the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act, and do not affect the customers rights as expressed in these terms.
Snow Dome Regulations (including The Snow Safety Code)
The Snow Safety Code
Know Your Limits
- Ride to your ability, control your speed
- Be aware of the conditions
- Take a lesson
Find Your Space
- Stop where you can be seen
- Give others room
- Look ahead
- Obey all signs and closures
- Tired, take a rest
- Wear a helmet
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Snowplanet is not liable for any loss, damage or injury including direct, indirect or consequential loss suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the use of the Pass. Use of the slope (Snow Dome), Terrain Park, Platter Lifts and Ski Mat is at your own risk. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any right or remedies that cannot be limited or excluded, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Snowplanet does not accept liability for lost or damaged equipment. The use of your equipment is at your own risk. Terrain Park features are regularly maintained and inspected. Any damage incurred to your equipment in using the Terrain Park is at your own risk. (Lockers are available for hire, for bags and belongings.)
- Please consider the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children at all times. (Except while participating in a Snowplanet program under instructor’s supervision.)
- All snowsports guests should wear appropriate ski, snow or snowboard boots. For comfort, appropriate warm clothing and gloves needs to be worn at all times. (Rental clothing and gloves can be hired from the front desk if required.)
- Please follow any instructions or directions from our staff, they are here to ensure you make the most of your time whilst in the Snow Dome. Should Snowplanet staff feel that your safety or the safety of others is in danger at any point whilst you are participating in activities at Snowplanet, we reserve the right to remove you from the slope without providing a refund.
- Please do not stop in the middle of the slope or block the slope without reason. When you wish to stop please move to the side of the slope.
- Only those who can stop, slow down (control speed) and complete ‘s’ shaped turns are to use the platter lifts on the sides of the building. You must be able to give way to those below you on the slope.
- The Snow Dome should be taken in stages, gaining experience as you progress up the slope. Do not go straight to the top.
- Toboggans and tubes are only allowed in designated areas.
- Helmets are compulsory at all times when skiing or snowboarding in the Snow Dome. If you do not own a helmet you will be required to hire one for $6. Other Rental Safety Equipment is also available for hire and subject to availability on the day of your visit.
- Strictly no food, drink or smoking, including e-cigarettes, will be tolerated in the Snow Dome.
- Any customers judged to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed in the Snow Dome.
- Only instructors authorised by Snowplanet are permitted to teach in the Snow Dome.
- All first aid use and injury incidents must be reported to the Duty Manager at the front desk. Should you require first aid treatment on the snow, and are unable to seek help, stay where you are and help will come to you.
- Know your physical condition and limits. If you believe your health could be at risk for any reason, or that you could aggravate a previous condition of any kind by participating in any activity on snow, do not participate.
Specific T&Cs for Snowplanet Memberships
- Certain Membership Passholders may qualify for a full or partial refund, or extension, in the following circumstances only, provided these circumstances preclude the Membership Passholder from being able to use the Membership Pass:
- Personal injury to the Membership Passholder;
- Severe illness of the Membership Passholder;
- Pregnancy of the Membership Passholder; or
- Transfer overseas or to the South Island of New Zealand for work purposes by a Membership Passholder’s employer.
- The full or partial refund will be considered and determined by Snowplanet for the person who meets the above criteria only.
- All requests for refund, or extension, must be submitted to Snowplanet in writing. Any refund value will be calculated pro-rata, based on each complete month remaining of the Membership to its expiry date from the date the Membership is deemed by Snowplanet unusable. Any refund will be made to the same party by the same method as used to purchase the Membership Pass, or by any other method as determined by Snowplanet at its absolute discretion, and the Membership Pass will be cancelled. Refunds will only apply from the date that Snowplanet receives written notification and will not be back-dated to when the Membership was last used.
- Full or partial refunds will only be considered against Snowplanet GOLD Memberships:
- GOLD Year (12 months) – Adult, Child & Student
- GOLD Combo Year (12 months) – Adult, Child & Student
- GOLD Half Year (6 months) – Adult, Child & Student
- GOLD Family Year (12 months) – Minimum Three, Maximum Six Family Members
- Full or Partial refunds will not be granted against the following Memberships
- SILVER Year (12 months) – Off-peak Adult, Child & Student
- 5 & Under Year Pass – Infant
- 5 & Under Half Year Pass – Infant
- 50% Discount Memberships – Adult, Child & Student Pass Only Members
- 50% Discount Memberships – Adult, Child & Student Rental Equipment Members
- Rental Membership Add-ons – Adult, Child & Student Rental Equipment + Helmet Combo Members
- Rental Membership Add-ons – Adult, Child & Student Rental Equipment Members
- Rental Membership Add-ons – Helmet Rental Members
- Corporate Memberships – Pass Only & Pass including Equipment Members
Specific T&Cs for Private Lessons
- Private Lessons are dependent on availability. It is essential to book in advance.
- When booking a lesson, a $20 deposit must be paid. Private Lessons, unless otherwise stated, do not include a Snow Pass. This will need to be purchased additionally to your lesson.
- When notice of cancellation or change is within 24 hours prior to the lesson/activity taking place no refund/credit will be given. If you do not show up for the lesson no credit or refund on the deposit will be given
- If you provide 24 hours or greater notice of change or cancellation of a lesson the deposit can be transferred to credit or refunded.
Specific T&Cs for Birthday Parties
- Birthday Parties can be booked at Snowplanet and are subject to availability. It is essential to book in advance. When booking a Birthday Party a deposit of $100 must be paid, along with a $2.50 non-refundable booking fee.
- For amendments to dates and times made up to 48 hours prior to the Birthday Party booking time no charge will be incurred. If cancelled, a full refund or credit of the deposit will be given
- For amendments to dates and times made up to 24 hours prior to the Birthday Party booking time a $20 charge will be incurred. If cancelled, $20 will be deducted from the refund of the deposit
- For amendments to dates and times made within 24 hours of the Birthday Party booking time a $50 charge will be incurred. If cancelled, $50 will be deducted from the refund of the deposit
- Participant numbers may be increased or decreased without incurring any additional charges. Price per child rates apply to any additional children. An increase to the number of children attending the party is allowed subject to availability. A minimum number of 6 children per birthday party applies
Specific T&Cs for Vouchers & Coupons:
- Snowplanet monetary gift vouchers can be used against snow activities, retail purchases and in the Snowplanet 7 Summits Restaurant & Bar.
- If you do not spend the full value of the gift voucher, gift vouchers will be provided as change to the nearest dollar.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. The validity period cannot be extended from this date.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed online, or at Snowplanet on the date of your visit.
- Snowplanet treat gift vouchers as cash, and therefore do not accept liability for lost or stolen vouchers.
- Snowplanet reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of gift vouchers at any time.
- Coupons are only redeemable against the product stated on the coupon.
- Coupons are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. The validity period cannot be extended from this date.
- Coupons can be redeemed online, or at Snowplanet on the date of your visit.
- Snowplanet treat coupons as cash, and therefore do not accept liability for lost or stolen coupons.
- Snowplanet requires bookings for certain coupons. Snowplanet may not have availability for your product, and reserves the right to refuse redemption unless a prior booking has been made.
- Snowplanet reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of gift vouchers at any times.
GrabOne, BookMe & GoBook coupons:
- GrabOne, BookMe & GoBook coupons are only redeemable against the product stated on the coupon.
- Where GrabOne, BookMe & GoBook coupons state a validity period on the coupon the coupon can only be redeemed within that validity period. The validity period cannot be extended from this date.
- Where GrabOne, BookMe & GoBook coupons state a specific redemption date and/or redemption time on the coupon the coupon can only be redeemed on that date/time.
60. Snowplanet requires bookings for certain coupons. Such coupons will state this. Snowplanet may not have availability for your product, and reserves the right to refuse redemption unless a prior booking has been made.
- Snowplanet is not responsible for providing refunds on behalf of GrabOne, BookMe or GoBook. GrabOne, BookMe or GoBook will need to be contacted directly by the customer.
Specific T&Cs for Flybuys coupons:
- Flybuys coupons are only redeemable against the product stated on the coupon.
- Flybuys coupons are only redeemable in the validity period stated on the coupon. The validity period cannot be extended from this date.
- Flybuys coupons should be redeemed at Snowplanet on the day of your visit.