Know a child who is keen on skiing or snowboarding but may not be able to afford the sport? Why not nominate them for a Snowplanet sponsorship. We’re giving away two sponsorship packages – for one boy and one girl student of primary/intermediate school age.
Each package is worth over $2000 and includes:
- A 6-month membership to Snowplanet, that gives the child free access to the Snowplanet slopes from 1st April 2018 to 30th September 2018;
- Complimentary rental of skis/snowboard, boots & helmet and clothing with every visit
- Enrollment into two terms of Snowplanet’s ‘Rippers and Riders’ after school program. Each term program is 10 weeks long, coaching sessions run for 90 minutes and are held on Mondays from 4pm to 5.30pm or on Fridays from 5pm to 6.30pm.
The child you nominate doesn’t have to be a great skier or snowboarder to be eligible, in fact it is preferable that they are not! What they do need is good co-ordination and balance, the commitment to attend every lesson and a willingness to give the sport their all.
Sound like someone you know? Apply now
Fill out the simple application form and remember to include contact details for a referee from your nominated child’s school. You’ll also need to include a video (of one minute or less) that shows your nominated child and why they should receive a Snowplanet sponsorship. It could be anything from telling a joke to doing an amazing backflip! We are looking for aptitude as much as attitude.
You need to have your application to us before Friday 16th March 2018. We’ll let everyone know who are the successful recipients of the sponsorship packages on Thursday 29th March, just before Easter.
In return for receiving the sponsorship, we ask just a few things from the winners. You’ll find details of these in the ‘What We Require’ section below.
What we require from the winners
The winners and their Parents or Guardians give their consent for Snowplanet to:
- Use images and videos of the child in their marketing. This includes our website, social media and other digital channels.
- Interview the child at various stages of their sponsorship and track their progress on our blog and via media releases.
We also ask that the Parents or Guardians of the winners share posts relating to their child on their own Facebook page for the duration of the sponsorship.
Applications are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who entered. We are now on our second stage of going through references of each child. Good luck to everyone!